Varick Planning Board Minutes 11/16/17
Meeting called to order 7:03. Present – Linda, Tom, Rich, Frankie, and Barry.
Minutes from previous meeting approved - motion made by Rich, second by Tom.
We brought up topic of itemizing subdivision approvals we have made. Barry passed out approval sheet covering back to 10/27/16. Rich is working on a spreadsheet that we can log these items into as they are approved. This will make subdivision information easily accessible.
The following steps map our process for subdivision applications.
1. Prior to or at initial meeting for application, the board must determine if a major or minor subdivision. Applicant must include EAF form and AG data statement. We receive application and check.
2. Copy goes to Donna with check – we may keep a copy.
3. Review at next meeting – give our feedback, preliminary approval or decline.
4. If preliminary approval must be forwarded to Seneca County PB – application, map, SEQR form, and AG data statement. Don’t send changes that are miniscule. Must be turned in eight days before their meeting – noon on previous Wed.
5. Donna notified to advertise public hearing 5 days prior to date. We are not required to take action at the public hearing but must do so within 45 days. We must application has been recommended by county planning board and it is as follows…
6. We must notify neighboring town if subdivision is within 500 ft of town line.
7. Board actions – conditional approval, conditional approval with modification, disapproval, final approval.
8. If approved, map is stamped, application, SEQR, amendments and maps are filed. Signed copy of map and notice of action given to owner. If person is not present acting chair will notify them.
9. Sample language for the motion must include SEQR information. If SEQR exempt – “This subdivision is exempt form SEQR approval according to NYS Code of Rules and Regulations – 6CR-NY 617.5 (c) (19).”
10. If not exempt we must complete the SEQR form supplied by applicant. The following language will be used with reasons selected from online SEQR instructions:
The Planning Board of the Town of Varick hereby determines that issuing the Special Use Permit constitutes an unlisted action that is subject to SEQR and that there is no federal or other involved agencies with respect to this action; and, that the Planning Board hereby declares itself to be the lead agency for this action and that a short EAF is sufficient to determine the significance of the action; and, that the Planning Board hereby determines that the provisions of subdivision (4) of section 305 of article 25-AA of the Agriculture and Markets Law do not apply; and, based upon its review of the Local Law, the EAF, its own independent analysis of the proposed action, and comparison with the Criteria for Determining Significance found at 6 NYCRR Part 617.7, the Planning Board hereby finds that issuing the Special Use Permit constitutes an action which will not have a significant impact on the environment and therefore does not require preparation of a Draft Environmental Impact Statement; and, that this Determination of Significance shall be considered a Negative Declaration made pursuant to Article 8 of the Environmental Conservation Law; and, that this determination is based on the following facts and conclusions:
Motion made by Linda seconded by Tom that we not hold a meeting in December, all agreed.
Linda received extensive email from person concerned about summer rentals on the lake based on discussion at combined meeting of Fayette TB and PB. Will forward to our board members.
Linda needs to contact Donna about where to file PB information, documents, etc. Basically, we need a file cabinet.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30, motion made by Barry, seconded by Rich.
Barry Somerville, secretary