April 23, 2015

Draft Copy PB Minutes 3/26/15



Draft Copy PB Minutes 3/26/15

Meeting called to order at 7:03 – all members present except Dave.

Previous meeting minutes read – approved by Tom, second by Hershey.

Linda gave an update on a recent ZBA ruling. She reminded us to be sure that we are not to give our personal interpretation of zoning code. Our job is to write the code and submit to the town for approval. The code enforcement officer and ZBA interpret the code.

Linda conversed with Barb Johnston concerning                questions we had about some cluster development regulations we have been working on:
1. Design Criteria - #1, we decided to retain the 25 percent minimum open space area for a cluster subdivision.
2. We added a section stating that cluster subdivision is final, no further subdividing is allowed.
3. We need to incorporate cluster subdivision in the existing subdivision code but not get so involved as to begin another new project.
4. In Article III we want to encourage people to review cluster development (Art. IV) as an option for subdividing.

We renamed Section H as Supplementary Application Requirements. Our section heading letters will change somewhat to accommodate new additions. These will be properly arranged in the final draft.

After concluding work on cluster subdivision we went to Article IV, Section 5 in the Varick Subdivision Code where Tom did some work in December (p. 21). He introduced a table concerning buildable lots to be added to the code. We hope to finish working on this section at our next meeting.

Our timeline for completion of this entire project – 1) Complete work in April PB meeting, 2) Meet with Barbara on May 11, 3) Final approval at regular meeting on May 28, 4) Hold public hearing in June.

Our next meeting will be on April 23.

Meeting adjourned at 9:00 pm – motion by Bill, second by Tom.

Respectfully submitted,

Barry Somerville, secretary

Special Meeting 3/17/15



Special PB Meeting 3/17/15

Meeting called to order at 7:05. All members present except Hershey.

Previous minutes were read and approved, motion made by Tom seconded by Linda.

We resumed work on Article IV, Sec. 8 of proposed cluster subdivision regulations titles Cluster Subdivision.
The following headings have been devised for final submission and approval: A. Authority, B. Purpose, C. Special Allowances; D. General Criteria; E. Design Criteria; F. Determination of Overall Development Density; G. Approval and Use of Cluster Open Space; H. Approval Procedures. However, section H needs to be revised. We may be able to reference this to the minor subdivision approval procedures in the existing subdivision code. We will work on this at our next regular meeting.

Barbara J. will be notified to review our progress and provide input for next meeting. Rich volunteered to backup all documents with Word docs.

Next meeting is 3/26/15. Motion to adjourn made by Dave, second by Tom.

Respectfully submitted,
Barry Somerville, secretary

Draft Copy PB Minutes 2/26/25



Draft Copy PB Minutes 2/26/15

Meeting called to order at 7:08. Members present – Linda, Tom, Bill, Rich, Dave, and Barry.

We continued work on Site Plan Review and cluster developments. We finished editing the Site Plan regulations section and cluster development that will go into the Zoning Code. We began work on cluster development that will go into the Subdivision Code as Article IV, Section 8.

Linda will forward the documents we finished to Barbara J for her review. She will also ask for Barbara to look at our subdivision code and review comments made there by Tom from last December.

We will try to finish the subdivision regulations related to cluster development in the next special meeting on 3/17/15.
We hope to be ready for finalization at our regular March meeting with Barbara J.

Adjournment at 9:00 – motion made by Tom, second by Barry.

Respectfully submitted,
Barry Somerville